Exploring Forest Flavors: Sautéed Wild Mushrooms with Fried Sage Recipe
Imagine a dish that transports you to a forest filled with fresh and vibrant aromas. These sautéed mushrooms with fried sage achieve just that, blending the traditional essence of Spanish cuisine with a distinctive touch that evokes the tranquillity of a forest.
This week, I invite you to explore a recipe with exquisite flavours. A culinary proposal where I've used a selection of fantastic seasonal mushrooms and herbs. This delight is not only a vegan and healthy option, but it's also incredibly easy to prepare, making it a perfect choice for any occasion.
Let´s cook up some delicious Spanish-style garlic mushrooms " Setas al Ajillo", enhanced with a distinctive touch thanks to the addition of fried sage, thyme, and lemon.
Wondering how to bring this delight to your table? Keep reading to discover all the details and secrets that will make this recipe a success in your kitchen!
Sauteed Mushrooms with Fried Sage, Recipe
- Preparation time 10 min
- Cooking time 10 min
- Total time 20 min
Ingredients for 2 people
- 400 g / 0,8 lb / 14 oz assorted mushrooms, (Portobello, Chanterelles "Yellow Foot", Hedgehog and King Oyster)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- Zest and Juices of half a lemon
- A sprig of thyme
- 14 sage leaves
- A handful of chopped parsley leaves
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- White pepper
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly and cut them into uniform pieces for simultaneous cooking. Set them aside.
- Mince the garlic, and cut the shallot in brunoise, then set them aside.
- Pour a stream of EVOO into a small pan to fry the sage. Set it over medium-low heat to fry the leaves at around 140 degrees Celsius (284 Fº). This process will only take a few seconds; be attentive to maintain the green colour of the leaves, or they might taste slightly bitter. After frying, place them on absorbent paper and sprinkle with salt.
- In another, larger pan, add a bit of the oil used to fry the sage over medium heat. Add the garlic, and after a few minutes, when it begins to brown, add the shallot and the sprig of thyme and stir-fry them.
- When they start to brown, increase the heat and add mushrooms with a couple of fresh sage leaves. Add salt and white pepper, and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until they start to release water.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, and parsley. Continue sautéing for another 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and have good colour.
- Serve the mushrooms and finish the dish with the fried sage leaves. Ready to enjoy!
You can pair it with a fresh salad, brown rice or any food enjoy. I hope you relish this delightful recipe with a hint of the forest's flavour!
Have a Tasty Day!