Seasonal Vegetable Stew, a healthy recipe from the Spanish garden
This week I want to show you a super healthy and delicious recipe. A vegan dish in which I have used a selection of the most representative and seasonal vegetables from the Spanish garden.
I bring you an updated version of the classic Vegetable stew recipe or "Menestra de verduras". In this recipe, I have used a selection of typical vegetables from the Spanish garden, such as courgette, broad beans, asparagus, artichokes or fresh beans, to create a delicious blend of flavours and textures that will delight your taste buds.
As well as being a delightful option, this recipe is also a great way to incorporate a variety of nutritious vegetables into your daily diet. And whether you're looking for a vegan, vegetarian or simply comfort food option, this vegetable stew is a perfect choice for any occasion, so read on to find out how to prepare this delicious Spanish dish in your kitchen!
Vegetables stew recipe
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 30 min
- Total time 45 min
Ingredients 4 serves
For the sauce
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 leek
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 tsp flour
- 6 Artichokes
- 1/2 Cauliflower
- 100 g green beans
- 100 g broad beans
- 100 g mushrooms
- 100 g asparagus
- One courgette
- Few leaves of parsley
- The juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- First, you need to be ready with all the veggies.
- Wash and cut them the way you want before you start blanching them. Cut them in this way:
- Cut the green beans in julienne.
- Pick the fresh beans.
- Make little balls with the courgette.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Cut off the hard part of the asparagus.
- Then it is time to clean the artichokes. I prepared a little video to show you how easy it is. But before start cleaning them, prepare a bowl or container with freezing water, lemon, and parsley stems to avoid oxidation of the artichokes once they are clean.
- Before cooking, prepare another bowl with cold water and ice to cool down the veggies.
- It is time the blanch the vegetables.
- Here I leave you the times I have used according to the vegetable.
- Cauliflower 4 min.
- Green Beans 3 min.
- Beans 1 min.
- Courgettes 3 min.
- Artichokes 4 min.
- Asparagus 1 min.
- Reserve the water from blanching the vegetables. We will use it to make the sauce.
- On the other hand, start with the sauce. Pour a little olive oil into a frying pan and put it over medium heat.
- Add the sliced garlic until it takes on a little colour, then the carrot, leek and onion cut in brunoise and cook everything together for 15 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of flour to it. Let it cook for a few minutes, and add the veggie stock until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Add the cherry tomatoes.
- Now is the time to add the vegetables we have blanched to the pan and cook everything together for another five minutes.
- We taste salt and pepper and remove them from the heat.
- To finish, stir fry some mushrooms and add them to the top, and the dish will be ready to serve.
Well, I hope you have enjoyed this vegan recipe.
You can contact me through my Instagram or Facebook accounts for any questions, doubts, or suggestions. I will answer you as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your time, and Have a Tasty week!