Every year when Christmas arrives, on Spanish television, they always advertise the same brands. Some of those brands are so representatives of Christmas. Well, in one of the typical tv Christmas spots, the host received the guests with a famous brand of chocolates. Well, I made my own version of this chocolates, but this time is salty. I like to call them "Raffoiellos".
- Foie 100 g.
- Cream 200 ml.
- Black pepper.
- Gelatine 4 leaves.
- Hazelnuts 50 g.
- Coconut flakes 50 g.
- Pour the cream in a pot and put it over low heat.
- Chop the foie and add it to the pot.
- Add the oregano and salt. Cook it until the foie is melted and the mix is homogeneous.
- Add the gelatine leaves (previously soaked in cold water until soft) in to the pot, already out the heat.
- Mix well until gelatine disappears and filter the mix.
- It's time to fill the silicone mold with the mix.
- Then put it in the fridge to cool it down.
- After five minutes, take the mould out and add a hazelnut in the center. Put back in the fridge for another ten minutes.
- When the mousse it's solid enough, remove from the mold the halves and put them together to make a full sphere.
- Then pass the balls through coconut flakes, and your foie appetizer is ready.