How to make Potato and Chorizo Omelette
Today I am going to show you a different recipe for one of the best-known Spanish dishes outside the Iberian Peninsula. If you make a trip to Spain and have the opportunity, do not hesitate to try this delicacy of humble origin. And if you are a lover of Spanish cuisine, here is the recipe so you can practice and surprise your family with this variety of this traditional delicious Spanish dish.
- Potatoes 500 g.
- Eggs 5 u.
- Onion 1 u.
- Chorizo 2 u.
- Olive oil 200 ml.
Preparation (4 serves)
- Remove the meat from the chorizo and cook it in a pan without oil over medium heat.
- Remove the fat when it is cooking, and preserve it.
- Wash and peel the potatoes to cut them into dice of 3 cm and 4 millimeters thick approximately.
- Peel the onions and cut them in Julienne.
- Put the pan on medium heat and into it enough oil to poach our vegetables.
- Salt a bit of the potato and onion and place them in the pan.
- While the vegetables are cooking, in a bowl, arrange the eggs to whisk them with a pinch of salt.
- When the potatoes begin to have a brown color and are soft in the center, remove them with a slotted spoon and let them drain to remove excess oil.
- Once the potato and onion lower a few degrees of temperature and lost the excess oil, mix them with the whisked eggs on the bowl.
- Add the chorizo preserved,
- Salt and let the mixture stand for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, filter and store our oil for future uses.
- Prepare a pan over high heat, cover the base with a bit of oil. When it begins to smoke, it is time to pour the mixture. ”It is important that the oil is hot so that it does not stick the mixture in the button of the pan.”
- Sauté the mixture and cook it over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Then when the egg is seen cook and colored is the time to flip it with the help of a plate. When it's flipped, cook it about another 2 minutes, according to the taste of egg cooking.
- When it is ready, and with the help of a plate again, flip it again, to present the pretty face visible.
Press to see the video
I hope you will try this recipe. A chorizo Tortilla, some salad, and fresh fruit for dessert it's the perfect beach picnic for me.